Energy Saving Tips
At ConstellationSpecial.com, we are proud to bring our customers the energy resources they need at the best possible price. However, energy is precious and powerful. So, we want to help you take the steps to potentially lower your energy usage and benefit your budget as well as the health and well-being of the environment.
There are many ways to conserve energy without sacrificing too much comfort or convenience. It not only may save money, it also may save valuable resources.
We have outlined a few ways for you to possibly save on energy consumption. Some you may already know about. Others may be new ideas for you. Browse our energy saving tips in the following categories:
Heating and Cooling Efficiency Tips
- On warm days raise your thermostat to 80 degrees or higher if leaving for more than four hours.
- Keep windows and doors shut tight.
- Going in and out of the house repeatedly will make your air conditioner or furnace work harder.
- Use shades or curtains to block the sun and heat during warm weather and open them to let the sun warm your home during cooler months.
- Make sure your air-conditioner is clean.
- Washing the outside coils and clearing high grass and debris will help prevent blockage of the air-flow.